Whoooosh! Did you hear that? It’s the sound of this year flying by! I can’t believe it’s already fall, and it feels this year has flown by crazy fast. Where’s the pause button when we need it? My sentimental heart didn’t want the season of summer adventure to end… We had one of the biggest and most exciting summers of our lives, between trips to the BVI’s, Dallas, and the Bahamas – Pool parties with friends, and picnics on the beach – I felt very grateful as I updated my Summer Bucket List. But I do love Fall, and always feel like it is a sweet & nostalgic time of year. Since it’s still in the 90’s here in St. Pete, we have to get creative and make an extra effort to feel like Fall. I put together this festive bucket list to help make the most of the season and get into the spirit even though it’s still hot & humid out. I’d love to hear what you think, and let me know if there is anything I should add!
- Get a whole bunch of pumpkins of varying sizes, along with fall and/or Halloween décor to display around the house. Accent indoors & out! I love the creative way my friend Sarah Tucker filled her fireplace with pumpkins. She has the best style, and I am always inspired by her.
- Burn fall smelling candles & scents – These candles from Target smell amazing and are my favorite!
- Watch football, or better yet attend a football game (I’ll be cheering on Ole Miss and Florida State!)
- Attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom or Busch Gardens Howl-O-Scream
- Watch Hocus Pocus (I can’t handle “real” scary movies!)
- Pick out a fun Halloween costume (am I too old for this Belle costume?), and hand out candy for trick-or-treaters. I have always loved giving out candy for trick or treaters since I was in high school. It is so much fun living in active neighborhood where we get hundreds of little cuties knocking on our door in hilarious & adorable costumes.
- Visit a pumpkin patch! My husband and I have a tradition of visiting a pumpkin patch and picking out pumpkins together every year. It is one of my favorite parts of the season.
- Hyde Park Pumpkin Patch Sept. 29 – Oct. 31
- Check out this great list of Tampa Bay area pumpkin patches
- You can’t drive down the street in St. Pete without seeing a pumpkin patch! I always enjoy supporting local churches and small businesses. Local peeps, what are your favorites?
- Attend a Fall Festival like Oktoberfest | Oct. 13-15 | German music, dance, food and fun are part of this fun fall tradition at Curtis Hixon Park in downtown Tampa.
- Go to the beach! Fall is my favorite time to visit our local beaches because there aren’t any crowds and the weather is perfect.
- Eat outside! Now that humidity and temps are calming down, we can actually enjoy dinner outside on our patio without being eaten by mosquitos.
- Attend Beetlejuice “Sunscreen Halloween” outdoor movie at William’s Park in downtown St. Pete | Sept. 30
- Have friends over to decorate pumpkins and make jack-o’-lanterns
- Go paddleboarding and kayaking
- Watch the new season of Stranger Things! I usually can’t handle scary stuff, but Michael and I got hooked on this show last year. The second season premiers Oct. 27!
- Clean out our garage and finally get it organized (I’m in search of the perfect garage shelving if you have any recs!)
- Print photos (I have thousands on my phone!) and create photo books
- Get crafty and try to make something seasonal using Pinterest
- Bake an apple pie from scratch to bring to Thanksgiving dinner with our families
- Try a themed fun run like the “Halloween Hustle” 5k at Gadsen Park in South Tampa
- Drink lots of pumpkin spice latte’s & apple cider
- Make a bonfire and eat smores
- Force Michael to take festive fall family pictures 😉
- Take a day trip to explore the quaint coastal towns of Dunedin and Safety Harbor
- Learn how to use my new camera and take a photography course
- Keep a gratitude journal and write down 3 things I am thankful for every day
- Visit my besties in Dallas, Oxford, Nashville and Baton Rouge
- St. Pete and Tampa are filled with unique parks, beaches, and lakes to explore, so I want to get out there more and enjoy as much of the fresh air and gorgeous scenery as possible
- Update my wardrobe with some new Fall pieces
- Shop fun Fall décor items, and actually decorate!
Fall fashion favorites:
Home Décor favorites:
Fall and Winter in Florida means months on end of sunny, 70+ degree weather and enjoying the great outdoors. This is why people live in Florida, but it doesn’t mean we can’t still get into the spirit of Autumn! I’d love to hear about your favorite ways to make the most of the season! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
Fall 2017 Bucket List